Great SEO With WordPress
I’ve been using WordPress for over 13 years and have created hundreds sites since WordPress was launched officially in 2005.
WordPress is very easy to use whether on its self-hosted site WordPress.com or on your own domain. It’s a breeze easy to install, free to use, and are thousands of WordPress experts volunteers on WordPress’s Internet forums who’ll answer questions WordPress.
WordPress has functions capable of creating any content imaginable. WordPress also has thousands of themes both paid and free. WordPress is used to create over 1,000,000 posts and pages every day. It is used by Sony, BBC, CBS, NY Times and thousands of other companies around the world. In addition, over 40% of webmaster and bloggers use WordPress to publish content.
WordPress can be made super-fast when serving content to users. WordPress is also easy to optimize for Google with plug-in such as Yoast SEO or All-In-One SEO. Using META titles, headers, and internal linking in WordPress makes it easier for Google to understand your site and will also be positive factors when run analyzed by Google.
Site Speed Is Vital For High Rankings
WordPress can be used to build a very fast website.
Test your site speed at:
These methods will also help increase the speed of your site
Install A Caching Plugin
Use GZip Compression
By using GZIP your entire site will be compressed and amount of time of delivery to the user will decrease.
Use an image compression system to decrease your load time.n.
Deactivate Plugins Rarely Used
By activating plugins only when you need them, you are clearing overhead that may slow down your WordPress site. Uninstall plug-ins you have abandoned so you don’t have to worry about upgrades to prevent exploits.
Cleaning Up Your Databases
Cleaning out the WordPress SQLdatabase of comment spam, revisions, drafts, transient obgect and other unnecessary objects will reduce the size your database and make your site faster.
Limit The Number Of Widgets
Be cautious when using widgets. Widgets make database calls, consume memory and slow down your website.
Use A Theme That Won’t Bog Down Your Site
Choose an SEO friendly theme. Make sure your theme is responsive and mobile-device ready. Mobile friendliness is a Google ranking factor. Consider implementing AMP.
Use A CDN
A CDN is a service that will speed up the time it takes your website to load because will it use a server close the user to deliver your site.
Other WordPress Tips
- WordPress makes it easy to use plugins and sitemaps so your content easily indexable by Google.
- You can use the Akismet plugin to kill thousands of spam comments.
- WordFence makes it hard to exploit WordPress.
- Before you install a plug-in or make significant changes to WordPress be sure to backup your installation.
WordPress SEO Tips
- Use Breadcrumbs to assist site crawlers.
- Beware of duplicate content, short or long META titles and descriptions and 404 errors.
- Limit inclusion to the sitemap unnecessary archives.
- Popular posts can be updated to ensure relevancy.
- Add additional content to popular posts. Google will re-evaluate them,
- Use canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content issues.
- Post your best posts to social networks.